Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Last night was the Caledon New Year's Eve festivities in Penzance, in case you somehow managed to miss all the posters and the journal blitz. It was an event that will not soon be forgotten. I'd like to thank Her Grace, Gabrielle Riel, Miss Persephone Gallindo and Miss Saffia Widdershins and all the other people who put an monumental amount of work into this to make it happen.

Sadly, due to lag being rather bad and things not rezzing properly for me, I didn't take any pictures. However, I'm sure there will be many to be seen in other journals.

Last year, I spent New Year's Eve in Steelhead. There was a small group of us on top of Lunar and Tensai's shop and Tensai managed to crash the sim with her spectacular fireworks display. I was merely Miss Christine McAllister with no skills worth discussing in polite society. While it was a small gathering, it was nice. How things have changed in a year!

Now Steelhead has grown by 100%. The town has shaken off it's old look and is moving forward. We have many new residents who bring their own special traits that add to the community. I have learned how to build (tolerably well) and am active in both Steelhead and Caledon. I've also managed to charm a most handsome, talented, kind and loving man, of whom I barely knew a year ago. My friend list is also considerably longer than it was a year ago, for which I am thankful.

I hope everyone has a New Year filled with health, happiness, success and love. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Nick Ottens said...

Dear Madam,

I apologize for posting a comment entirely off-topic but I was unable to find any other means of contacting you while I would very much like to invite you to join a community which I administrate.

I was hoping that a lady of such fine tastes such as yourself might enjoy a visit to The Smoking Lounge--a message board community for all things Steam, Diesel, and Pulp to be found at http://www.ottens.co.uk/lounge/ I would most certainly appreciate your contributions to our forum and hope that you should wish to delight us with your presence.

Yours Sincerely,

"Ottens"