Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Rez Day Edward!!



Saturday marked my beloved's first year in SL. In honour of the occassion, we threw a little party on the south lawn of Davaar. My brother, TotalLunar Eclipse built the dance pavillion which was perfect and suited Edward exactly. Unfortunately, the Lindens imported extra special, super sticky lag, which made taking pictures very challenging for me, so I apologize for the lack of pictoral documentation. Many of his friends, old and new dropped by for dancing and fun. Her Grace, the Duchess of Carntaigh provided us with excellent music. All in all, I believe everyone had a good time, lag notwithstanding.



The above is a picture of my beloved when he was still quite new and fresh to the whole SL experience. Unlike many of us, he did not happen upon Caledon during his travels, it was the reason he came to SL. Miss Qlippothic Projects enticed him to join us here, and for that I am forever grateful.

I had actually met Edward when he was perhaps a week or two old. I had teleported into Caledon, wearing some rather risque clothing and a cape and happened upon a rather dashing looking man, dressed impeccably. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately seeing the lack of my attire), he could not see me (ahh, the good old days of slow rezz....which is still a problem). However, we had a lovely conversation for quite some time as he waited patiently for me to appear before his eyes. In that time span I put on something more modest and finally I rezzed before Mr. Edward Pearse, wearing my emerald green Aurora dress from Silver Rose. We continued our conversation for awhile longer and deciding that we found each other agreeable, we became friends.

However, we never really contacted each other after that point. I would notice Mr. Pearse was on but as I was occupied with my activities, I never bothered him. Until the incident of the long underwear.

At the time (early January or so), Mr. Gnarlihotep Abel (now the Duke of Greystoke) and I were quite close and tiring of the cold winds of January, he thought a lovely pair of long underwear were in order. He mentioned his favorite tailor was Mr. Edward Pearse, who owned Pearse'd and Cut in Victoria City. I recall exclaiming that I was friends with Mr. Pearse and decided to ask if I could commission some long underwear to keep Mr. Able warm during a blizzard. Mr. Pearse was quite agreeable and over the course of him making the garments (because I just couldn't let the poor man work, I did have to bother him every day or so to see how they were coming along)we became good friends. I enjoyed his conversations and we discovered that we had a lot in common.

As time went on, my feelings for Mr. Pearse deepened from friendship into something more. In that time, he was knighted by Guv'nah Shang (informally, I do believe) and became Sir Edward. His shop had prospered and grown and he had outlets in New Babbage and Steelhead as well. After some agonizing times, I learned that he felt the same feelings for me that I felt for him, and as they say, the rest is history.



I would like to wish my beloved Edward a Happy First Rezz Day. I hope that his next year in SL brings him even more success, happiness and friends. All the best to you my love and here's to another year that exceeds your wildest expectations, hopes and dreams!

2 comments:

Emilly Orr said...

It was a grand party. And if the measure of a man can be taken by the quality of his friends, judging by the gentle folk I saw dancing and having great fun, Edward is an eminently worthy man indeed.

May we see many more Rez Days to come.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

*draws herself up to her full height, eyes flashing, chin held at an imperious angle* Mr. Adam, I do not know you from....Adam and do not appreciate you leaving such...notices on my blog.