Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Name's Bond....


Last night was Bond (but NOT Bondage, unless you counted the table with the laser, and the apparatus to dangle you over the shark tank and....oh, well never mind!) night at the Steelhead Hotel and Ballroom. Amid the elegant surroundings of the Ballroom were several Bond girls (in various states of dress or undress) as well as a few James Bond doubles (or would that be triples or quadruples?), not to mention villians as well.


The turn out was superb and Sheriff Fuzzball Ortega had an excellent playlist of Bond theme tunes, songs from the various films as well as suitable ones just because (Man for All Seasons by Robbie Williams, for example). A special effects orb was handed out, and I apologize, but I cannot remember by whom, which made some of the dancers look like silhouettes in the opening sequences of the James Bond films. From the comments going around the room, everyone had a splendid time and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I did as well.


Sadly, due to my terrible slow rezz and painful cam movements, I didn't get any pictures beyond what I took with the Gun barrel poser the night before (Thank you to Professor Avalanche for that as well as the sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads). However, I'm confident in saying it was an excellent event, enjoyed by all who were able to attend.


Next event: Disco Night in Steelhead Harbourside. Friday, November 21, 7-9 pm SLT. Follow the green dots and boogie down!

No comments: