Sunday, September 20, 2009

Froggy Went a Courtin'

Last night Edward and I attended the Babbage Ball, the theme being soot black. I managed to cobble together a gown from various bits and pieces as I discovered, much to my dismay, that I have a complete and utter lack of black formal ballgowns in my wardrobe.

Upon my arrival, after the usual friendly greetings, the Baron told me that I had just missed a most....happy....announcement. Apparently, Dr. Oblensky is getting married. I had no idea he would have had time to go courting, having just arrived back from wherever he was at. The lady in question (and I cannot recall her name for the life of me, my apologies) seems to be a demure, polite lady with above average physical attributes as well. No one seems certain how Dr. O could have charmed such a fine lady, since he isn't known to be a sweet talker by any stretch of the imagination. I hope for her sake an unfortunate explosion or train tracks are not in her future. At this point, I have no idea of where the bride is registered, and rumour is the date is set for October 31.

The ball itself was enjoyable, as they usually are. Mr. Bats Enoch provided excellent music and a group photo was taken as well. It reminded me of the Steelhead photo we had done years ago, only with a few more people (and everyone wearing black).

After the ball, Edward and I returned home to discover that we have new neighbours. I will have to go over with a plate of cookies and welcome them to the neighbourhood!

No comments: