Sunday, September 13, 2009

I've been BANNED!!!!!!


Last night my typist decided she'd best get me in world for a little bit in order to attend to some gardening duties in Steelhead as well as Edward's shop in Caledon. Imagine her surprise when an error message appeared stating that she was not able to access Second Life from her computer. She logged in a support ticket and then contacted some people who might be able to get to the bottom of this issue faster than she can.


Apparently, I'm banned because of some griefing issue where some of my "scripted objects" (what a thing to call my lovely cakes, muffins and cookies!) were in a sim that was griefed. Apparently, LL in it's wisdom believes that I could most likely be a griefer. I've been on the grid nearly 3 years and now, apparently, they believe I've taken up a life of crime.


My typist has sent in all the relevant information to get my named cleared, but as of this morning, I'm still unable to get in world. I do hope LL is attending to this matter with diligence and speed. Fuzz, thank you for the delightful love letter to LL, feel free to fire another one off anytime.


Until my name is cleared, take care and I hope to see you all in world soon!!!!! (Oh, and Edward, please remember to feed the cats and water the flowers, thank you! :-) )


Christine McAllister Pearse

14 comments:

itsdavidvc said...

As I've said before...If they'll ban me, they'll ban anyone. I sincerely hope your situation will be resolved soon. In the meantime, you're welcome to stay as my guest onboard the Clockwork Caravel.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Mason

Dio said...

Cushlamachree, Hon!!!

This is like banning Mom, apple pie and good-natured fuzzy kittens! (evil hell-spawn fuzzy kittens are another matter entirely, but I digress).

Perhaps having so long suffered verbal and writen abuse for having done little or nothing about true griefers, the Lab has now adopted the viewpoint held by the 13th century Papal Legate, the Abbot of Citeaux, when he instructed Simon of Montfort, the Earl of Leicester, in how to deal with a group of prisoners that included a mixture of both heretics and good Catholics:

"Kill them all. God will know his own."

I hope you get back in soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Pearse--

I am heartsick over this -as is everyone who has heard.

I hope you will be back in world asap.

Miss Moonbeam

Kevin Frost said...

What sim did it happen in?

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

My dear Duchess,

This is infuriating. I offer my sympathies, and any assistance I might be able to offer, at your specification.

Yrs.,

KW

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

I hope they see sense! They can be so over-zealous!

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Mr. Baroque, I'm not certain which sim, I was not told that detail, all I know is that it was a sim in Caledon apparently.

I'm hoping by this evening I will be allowed in again. Who knew muffins could be so threatening?! ;-)

Capt. Red Llewellyn said...

Oh My WORD! Dear Duchess of Argylle... what a travesty of justice! You do not engage in tawdry things like griefing or other such crimes! I have every confidence this will be cleared up and sorted! It Shall! It MUST!
~Capt. Red Llewellyn of New Babbage

Eladrienne Laval said...

Appalling!

I do hope that this willy-nilly mess that they have made is rectified very, very soon!

~Elle

Anonymous said...

I was pointed here by Riven Homewood. This is ridiculous. First Dr. Mason and now this. I fear for anyone.

- Myn Serendipity

Virrginia Tombola said...

Not the... muffins! In all seriousness, I've NEVER noticed any script problems from your confections in your Eyre shop (really, sim load is on par with a vendor), so I have to wonder what on earth made them flag a product as a griefing script. Did you recently make anything self replicating? That will throw up the grey goo fence at times.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

As of tonight, I'm still banned and no further word on progress from LL.

I've not changed anything with my baked goods....I've simply not had time to do so, or even make anything new.

I'm quite perturbed about this. I mean my goodness! Surely they could have corrected this issued within 24 hrs, but apparently not!

Unknown said...

I have given up hoping that the Lab would pull its tiny head from its collective, clueless arse. I have now seen Carl banned for art, Darien banned, and now Christine banned for muffins.
Having been completely unable to control the true griefing problems, they seem to have turned on the easy targets.
This is just completely insane.

Selene Sue said...

Good lady: please forward to me a working e-mail address where I may forward some letters showing precedent for Linden Lab reversing their ban decision on another citizen.

I myself have been swept up in a group ban and talked my way back in. Goodness knows, some of the griefers have too. You and Darien too should not be banned for good.