Friday, August 10, 2007

Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up

YEEEEEE HAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!! *ahem* Pardon me! Tonight was the weekly dance in Steelhead and this week's theme was, as you might have guessed.....Western. Not owning anything that falls under that category, I decided (with my dear brother Lunar) to go as one of those "ladies" that just can't get enough of those Rodeo Cowboys. That's right ladies and gents, I went as a Buckle Bunny.



I hauled my "evil twin" form out of the closet and wrestled her on. Lunar decided that he would go as his evil twin as well, just because. That's him in the very short Daisy Dukes behind me, working it on the dancefloor.

Fuzzball was the host and since he didn't have a darn thing in his wardrobe that was western, he went out and found himself a "Quickdraw McGraw" av. His lovely sister, Angelica Tresothick was our DJ and did a fabulous job, spinning a wide variety of tunes, including a few country, which promptly made the sheriff break out in hives. Good thing they have ointment for that!


Fuzz as Quickdraw


Angelica and her hubby Patrick

It was a fantastic evening! If you missed it, you truly missed out. Miss Frequency Picnic came as a cactus (and left before I could get a good shot of her) and of course there were lots of hats, boots, bling, beans, biscuits, beer.........hold on!!!! There wasn't any beer! *sighs* No long neck bottles....ah well. It still was a lot of fun.


Some of the boot-scooting boogiers


Miss Katt doing a dance to make lindens fall from the sky


Mr. Goodliffe and Miss Laval doing a very hip version of a square dance

Next Thursday we are having an Elvis event in Steelhead, to mark the anniversary of The King's passing (please, no potty jokes!). Dust off your blue suede shoes, unleash your hound dog and don't be cruel, come down and have a blast in Steelhead!!!

3 comments:

Fuzzball Ortega said...

And I blame you for the country music being played.

Bah. I said it once, and I'll say it again, Bah

Edward Pearse said...

I must agree with the Sheriff on this one and agree you are an evil evil woman: especially requesting country music at a Western themed evening.

All I can say is I'm glad I was unable to make it.

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

Awwwww, my darling you would have loved it, I'm sure! Besides, I did try to stick to more modern and fun country, like Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy (which barely fits into the country genre if you ask me). I could have gone for Waylon, Willie and the boys! *grins evilly*